Thursday, December 2, 2010

HD Dyna SB

I'm not often a fan of Twin Cam choppers. My bike is more function than fashion for me. It gets me from A to B reliably and is comfortable and fun to ride. This is the same model/year as my Dyna and I love it... Chopping the stock rear fender on these bikes rarely looks good. Harley tried to do it on the current model of this same bike and it looks awful, but these dudes really pulled it off in my opinion. I wish I could find some other views of it though. I'll probably hate this in a week from now.

Stole from Chop Cult....

5 comments:

Dave-O said...

Nevermind

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15378&id=100001116516766#!/album.php?aid=15378&id=100001116516766

tom said...

thats a tough looking bike for sure! Looks like it would be a blast to ride. Are those the stock foot controls? They kinda look somewhere in between forwards and mids...

Dave-O said...

They are actually the stock foot control position. I may put mine back on someday, just not today.

aaron said...

Maybe tomorrow? That bike isn't bad. I don't know about "chopper", but it looks like a fun bike. But then, like always, I start nitpicking. I think they didn't put enough pretty where it belongs (like the paint), and too much pretty where it doesn't, like the too-short shocks, the lack of a front fender, and the back fender. The back fender is ok if you absolutley don't ever want a passenger, since it's mounted to the swingarm, but it better be plastic and weigh nothing. If it's metal, that's too much unsprung weight just to catch mud and look pretty. And the front needs something, even if it's just a 5 inch long strip of hammered aluminum hovering above the top of the tire, to keep water out of your face every time the road's wet. This thing is too modern and well-engineered to not be a tool.

So... what if it had dual 320mm full floating rotors with brembo 4 piston calipers up front, with tubeless spoke wheels, 2" taller resevoir shocks in back, all the black stripped off the engine, and a blue and white two tone metallic paint on the tank. Just me? Ok.

Ben said...

If you paint the tank blue and white it'll think it's a Suzuki.