Friday, April 22, 2011

Homesweethome

Well I made it back in one piece (plus a few pieces of plastic I put in the tankbag)

Not a lot more pictures to share because central IL is


This excursion was a testing of the waters - I learned a lot of things I will not repeat - also many things that worked and I'll do again. I'm confident the VFR could make a trip anywhere I take it as long as the road is paved. I'm still not sure if I like this limitation, but dang that thing is smooth on the highway.

Here is how to properly plan the next leg of your journey:


Along the way home, I stopped by the always wonderful Field Museum in Chicago, which gave me the inspiration for my next custom/garage built project. I'll give you a hint:

5 comments:

Dave-O said...

How was the weather riding? Did you end up going to Alabama? It'd be cool to see a map of your route. Good trip planning rations there, thats what I like to consume when I plan trips too.

Dan Yoder said...

Just throw a set of these on the VFR

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/19852/ITEM/Michelin-T63-Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire.aspx?wt.ac=SLI_SERP

Ben said...

If only they made em wide enough! Also they are only S rated and I need to roll Z ;)

aaron said...

Catamaran! Can we TIG weld it entirely from Tom's spent beer cans?

Ben said...

Close...but I was thinking outrigger canoe with a reversible sail/mast.

It would also have a platform for fishing.

Liking the empty beer can idea...