Monday, June 27, 2011

Road King Flame Job-Part 1

All striped up and ready for clear
Striping the clear coated and sanded flames
Airbrushing a drop shadow on the flames
Peeling masking tape after black flames were sprayed
Ready for spraying black flames

So these are way out of order but I didnt want to re upload them all so deal with it:)

Anyhew, I wanted to post some step-by-steps on a House of Kolor paint job I did a while back. Not my particular style but it was super fun to do. The customer freaking loved and cant go anywhere without someone stopping him to ask about the paint.

I didnt want to do a 100% traditional flame job so I kinda added a scalloped border around the actual flames and kept all flames only on the sides of the parts so the top of everything was nice and clean with no flames. Also by letting the flames touch each other it gave it a more "tribal" look without going too tribal, which I hate BTW. All in I thought it came out pretty good...lots of long nights and lots of explaining why I wasnt home ever to the wifey...but that comes with the territory I guess.

3 comments:

tom said...

the drop shadow work is amazing!

Dan Yoder said...

Its funny cause thats was the easiest and quickest parts of the entire project yets its one of the most important parts...the little things...

Ben said...

The drop shadow looks like you could feel it. Amazing.