Thursday, January 5, 2012

Seat Rails



I got the brake side seat rail all fit and tacked and figured the drive side would be a snap to fit since I had a good model to work from...wrong! The left tube above was the first attempt, got the rear loop joint fit nicely then proceeded to cut the other end too short...scrapped. Worked up a second one, got it fit nicely on both joints but after looking at it, the radius on the bend didnt match the brake side rail at all...scrapped. So after two failed attempts I finally got it on the third try. 7 hrs total for one fucking piece of tubing!

All its needs it the finish welds and the frame is finally done with the exception if the upper shock mounts.


5 comments:

Ben said...

I have a tube notcher if you want to borrow it.

Dan Yoder said...

Ben I almost wish you wouldnt have told me that!

Dan Yoder said...

As in yes it would've came in super handy! All the tube notching is done for now.

Ben said...

You saw it at my place last week ya stoner!

Dan Yoder said...

Oh that goomis you had on your drill press...its all coming back now.