Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bethesda newsboxes

The art fags I know are generally nice and interesting people....until 1200 of them are trying to get out of Baltimore Convention Center on a Sunday night. Then the teeth come out. This clip shows just a small chunk of the line to get in and load up...this is several hours after the show ended. Luckily I work with an old pro and we were already done and sitting at the bar across the street...



We made a delivery in Bethesda, MD on the way home and I was lucky to document the following phenomenon in the local free newspaper boxes:





5 comments:

tom said...

Those paper boxes are amazing, sincerely. Sounds like you guys found some success, congrats to that!

aaron said...

Ok, what's going on in those paper boxes? Anyone know, or am I missing something obvious?

tom said...

I know I have no idea what's going on with the paper boxes, the cryptic-ness of them is what I find so cool...

I keep watching the video hoping that kids go flying by on their back wheel on dirtbikes, but nope, just suv's and station wagons...

Ben said...

The part of town that the 12 O'Clock Boyz roll around in is on the other side of the harbor from where I was, not easy to get to and not smart to be in at night, which would have been the only time I could get over there. Luckily those guys put out tons of videos on Youtube for our honky viewing pleasure.

The newsboxes remind me of the work of George Widener, but with words instead of numbers as the framework.

aaron said...

Yeah, I think the boxes are cool because of the mystery, which also means I want to know the mystery, even though maybe I really don't.