Sunday, February 12, 2012

New post title: Ben and Toms valentines day massacre...

On a whim, Ben and I trekked to beautiful Fond Du Lac, WI in hopes of finding a diamond in the rough. No diamonds, but a whole lotta rough...

just in case you need a wheel for your Hemi project, we have this blurry one right here...

deal of the day, a 71 xs650 in seriously good shape. this was not the norm at this event. This event had more take off sporster tail-lights than I have ever seen in one place in my life. That and bad leather vests with tassels.

Patrick has left his impression on us all, even in Fond Du Lac..

over priced bsa wheel, just trying to get arty where art does not exist.

Delightful crowd of motorcycle enthusiasts...

$20.00 Craftsman tool box (top half, bottom half cheapie)

Score of the day, waiting for Oates when he gets home...

Ben's bike as sits now, almost there..

6 comments:

Dan Yoder said...

I was tossing around the idea of going to this but a premonition of a space chalk full of hd parts kept me away.

That AMF badge thing is the shizzy! But, I must say that out of the lot of pics, Ben's VFR gives me the biggest chubby!!

tom said...

Bens bikes were the best part of the day. and the beer after the swap at Mickeys, that was pretty good as well. Oh yeah, I got the tool box, so I'm stoked on that!

Dan Yoder said...

Ya the tool box score was a nice one, especially for a 20 spot! Now to keep it organized is the hard part...fucking constant struggle for me anyways.

WhitelinePsycho said...

The VFR looks tough !!! Well said re prices that kooks ask for parts these days . . . age alone has nothin to do with a fair price, get a clue boneheads !

Dave-O said...

Hell yeah it looks tough...I'm floored. What a steal for 20 bones! That AMF decal is rad! Uuugh..miss going to this stuff. You have to hit them up or you'll never know. Davenport puts all the others to shame. Max Wedge and I drove 2-3 hours to that one up by Wausau to look at a bunch of broke ass ATV parts. It was worth it though because they had the best white cheddar fried cheese curds I've ever had in my life.

aaron said...

Good score on that box!