Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Water Cooled, Drake, Knuckle






Bitchin ass bike sporting a watercooled Drake motor using the HD knuck powerplant. Apparantly the motors were used in midget car racing in the 30's and 40's. This may be old hat to some of you but I'm not to quick on the draw. Bike was built by the guy everyone loves to hate...Jesse James. Cant find any current info on its status but last I knew it fired up but ran like dog shit...awfully pretty bike. Hand forged front end from scratch along with the, from scratch, stainless frame.

7 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Like you said Dan, everybody loves to put shit him on him but he's popped out some gorgeous rides and that's all I give a rat's arse about . . . perty scoot, groovy post, thanks as usual.

Dan Yoder said...

Although I typically dont dig his style of bike, this one tickles my fancy fo sho!

tom said...

Awesome bike! really over the top all around. Here's what little I know. A dude named Bacon, from Milwuakee (again) moved to austin and opened DC Choppers...
http://dc-choppers.blogspot.com/
He was part of the kemosabe crew.
He co-built the bike with Jesse.
Now, he's getting famous, like Bob, and getting face time on discovery. He was the kid that helped Jesse in the chopper build off this past winter.

Anyways, the bike was at his shop until recently, now it's back at JJ's shop.

tom said...

I REAALLY DIG THE HAND FORGED FRONT END BTW!

Dan Yoder said...

For a bunch of booze head mofos Wisconsin is sure home to some talent!

Ben said...

Yes, and they all leave as soon as the opportunity arises!

Very cool machine. I ♥ the double discs up front, and the shiny jugs, and the radiator and and and...

adam said...

Cool bike but as far as I know he never got it to run