Thursday, January 24, 2013

Suprise Visit

I am working on a logo design for a neighborhood grocer in Madison and wanted a period look from the "good ole days". Being that my reference library is rather small I called up a letterhead friend of mine, Mike Meyer, from northern MN to see if he had any old ads he could fax over or email...this was Tuesday. At about 5:30 today I got call from him saying "Im staring at the Grumpy Troll sign, where the hell are you?" Needless to say he made a 6 hr trip to drop off what many would call "old gold" in the sign world. So honored and thankful. This man is a living legend in our small world and quite the character...very very good people! 

This is the stash he dropped off..I could spend days studying these, fucking amazing stuff that you never see anymore...all done by hand





6 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

Too cool, keep that shit alive, you are a torchbearer !!!

tom said...

What a kick ass guy!! Did he spend the night at least?

tom said...

What a kick ass guy!! Did he spend the night at least?

Dan Yoder said...

Nope he here and gone within an hour...a whirlwind!

Diesel said...

How much for the sign with a hole in it?

Dan Yoder said...

The hole costs extra! But if you're serious email me and I'll put you in touch with him. Dan@signartmadison.com