Monday, April 6, 2015

No idea where I get it from

Some photos of my Dad's Bug, circa 1968






All custom work done by him with "really cheap shit material".  Photo credit to him as well but the last photo may have been taken by the cat.

Here is the sad story of this car's demise:
"That Bug and I were headed out 94 just about to go up the big hill before Brookfield square.  The Bug had brand new tires put on the day before, all around.  I was going 60MPH.  I had a fishing date with a women out on North Lake.  The minnow bucket was full just behind my seat.

Then I was upside down and headed to a railing on the left side of the road. Then I was sliding across the highway to the other side and hit that railing.  Another flip and the smashed Bug rested in the middle of the road.  A car whooshed by as I was climbing out of the Bug.  The car stopped and a man ran to help me get up.  As I looked around I noticed minnows flipping all over the road.  I had received no injuries.  The Bug was totaled.  It was later learned that I had suffered a blowout which caused the car to flip."

1 comment:

Bruce the Great said...

That's my story and I'm stiking to it.